DVT case study for Automated regression testing of an online corporate insurance and retirement sales portal in the insurance industry
An International investment, savings, insurance and banking group
Global test centre
Our client is an international investment, savings, insurance, and banking group. A division of our client required regression testing of their New Business solution - an area which is the income generator for the business unit. The online Web portal solution was critical in online sales of corporate insurance and retirement packages.
DVT's Global Testing Centre used HP UFT, building on the expertise of automation best practices within the GTC, to automate the testing of each of the 60 product variations which formed a complete regression test pack. This was achieved by holistically analysing the end to end business processes, creating a customised testing framework which would easily consume a data sheet and simply add data rows to produce additional scenarios at the click of a button.
- Automation statistics:
- - DVT successfully assisted in drastically reducing the time to delivery of a live incident
- - Automated test execution: 4 minutes compared to between 40 minutes and 1.5 hours for manual test data generation.
- - Reduced time to delivery of the live incident by at least 6 hours as 10 iterations of data was required (400 minutes)
- - Total Regression Test Pack execution was 5 times faster than a manual test cycle
- - Automation test execution: 1.5 days compared to 7.5 days for manual execution
- HP ALM
- HP UFT